Monday, March 22, 2010

Thrift Junking in Tucson

What a great day I had this week-end, Saturday to be specific, setting out all by myself to do some junking at estate sales and thrift shops. I discovered a favorite little Thrift Shop right down the street in Marana.



The Cotton Blossom is a local treasure, non-profit. benefiting health related community programs of the Marana Health Center. Everything was very clean and so nicely displayed. The manager Rebecca is a real jewel, so friendly, I felt like we had been friends for a long time. Just a wonderful experience. And no, I'm not going to tell you what gems I found.... you will just have to guess when they are listed!



People in Tucson take their Estate sales seriously! I was busy thanking Toyota for their wonderful Navigation system so I was only lost part of the time. Turning the last corner, I couldn't believe what I saw! Cars everywhere and people running to get into the Estate sale house. I am not kidding, 3 blocks down from where I was able to park and then a block up and down around the corner. Being lost cost me dearly I believe. You have to be there early and ready to grab! I needed Eileen, badly!



Now to ship everything home! What was I thinking? Driving down with a full truck and now flying back. Hmmm!

No comments: