Wednesday, January 27, 2010

CLOUDS


It was a beautiful day in Portland, Oregon today. We are reaping the benefits of an El Nino year, warmer temperatures and a lot less rain. Today was sunny and warm for January. Eileen and I were really looking forward to a huge production day. Wrong!!

You know those days... the phone rings non-stop, needles break in the sewing machine, husbands need errands run because you don't have a real job. The skies feel like they are darkening, black clouds roll in to the skies of your mind. The bit of sun is that you are with a friend and you can share the change of plans in a much anticipated day.

On the way home from the library where I had to drop our ballots off, I looked at the still blue skies and thought of the selfishness of my disappointment. We are so fortunate to be living in this country, as wild and confused as things may be. My home is intact, I have running water and electricity at my fingertips. I was able to spend some precious time with a precious friend and we did accomplish a few good things on our list. The choice is mine, the choice is yours.... do we accept and internalize the dark clouds or appreciate the blue sky and the fluffy white clouds?
New listings still to come!


No comments: