Saturday, July 26, 2008

Anyone Up For a Good Game of Tag and Tell?


I’ve been tagged by Erica of Meadow Street ! Be sure and check out her blog and wonderful website. Here is a pic of some of her fabulous handmade roses! YUM!
I have two weddings this week, so I'm trying to multi task here a bit and will use today's Show and Tell to...tell a little about me! Here are my 7 random things about me.

1- I love milk on ice cream. I know that's totally weird, but it makes little ice crystals...yum!

2-I have a rooster fetish...OK, had a rooster fetish! I have about 20 roosters in my kitchen/dining room. But I think I'm ready to move on....I haven't bought one in a long time!

3- I had never been to a beach or Disneyland until I got married. No wonder I'm still a kid at heart!

4-My favorite breakfast is peanut butter on bananas, unless it's Saturday and then it's a breakfast burrito from McDonald's. We had this little ritual every Saturday morning of taking our dog to McDonald's for a sausage patty. She will never let us forget that it's Saturday!
5-My daughters talked me into reading the Twilight series ( love,vampires and werewolves)...which I usually hate, and I am totally hooked and can't wait till August 2nd for the last one to hit the stands! One more week to go!

6- I drive a Kiwi green Honda Element! It's so fun!

7- I'm so boring I had to think about what to put for my last one overnight...Something I'm proud of is the work I've done in our church with the youth. For the past 20 years I have taught and counseled hundreds of youth ages 12 -18...what an incredible honor and blessing! But now my assignment has switched and I am teaching the 5 year olds....they keep me hoppin, but I love them too!


If you were tagged and want to play:
1. Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog.2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog. Have fun!

21 comments:

Carolee Crafts said...

Hi Eileen

Good idea to tell us about you. Like you I went to Disneyland after we were married I think you get just as much enjoyment older than when you are younger. memories to always treasure

Dianne Long said...

Hi there Eileen (I'm guessing those 7 things are your's Eileen!) You are a busy bee this week with those weddings! I have never tried milk on ice cream, I pour diet coke on mine because I love how that makes crunchy crystals too and it tastes great! I also like a little bit of amaretto on ice cream, yum! Have a great week!

Miniature Patisserie Chef said...

Eileen,

I collect roosters figurines as well...but more so because of feng shui purposes. I am born in the year of the dragon and they say that roosters are my best friends and could help me...LoL :)

Pei Li

Just a bed of roses said...

It's a first for me to hear of milk on ice cream, what ever made you think of that?

gail said...

Hi Eileen,,, how fun, thanks for tagging me. I will have to figure out the link thing and play. I will have to think of 7 weird of funny things about me. LOL I hope your week and all of the weddings go very smoothly for you.((()))gail

Anonymous said...

Okay~ the banana and peanut butter thing intrigues me~I am not a tradional breakfast person~ but lots of fruit sound good right now. I was nice to get to know 7 things about you.

Cottage Flair said...

Two weddings??!! How do you do it all? I enjoyed reading your post today. I hope your week goes smoothly.
Jennifer

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Well I would say you are not boring at all !
Thanks for sharing with us AND I am wishing you an extra pair of hands and an extra burst of energy so you can get everything done in time to relax a bit.

(())

Patricia said...

Well, that was fun! Good luck getting all the weddings coordinated--busy, busy! Have a wonderful week,

Pat

Carolyn Kocman said...

eileen...you are a very interesting person. thanks for sharing your quirks with the rest of us. now i can't wait to see what is up with the folks you tagged!

Silena said...

Hi Eileen,
You are definitely not boring....I just love hearing about all of our friends at MMP. But, the best part is your ability to teach kids, especially in Church.....that takes special talent and special caring...and it surely says a lot about you!!! Thanks for letting us take a little peek!!

Noelle Garrett Designs said...

Hi Eileen, thanks so much for tagging me! What fun! What a neat way to get to know each other as well! Have a great week! It sounds busy.
hugs,
Carrie

Inka Smith said...

Eileen,
Good to learn new things about you.
Hope you have a great week!
Inka

Lilli Blue said...

I love Meadow Street too. she makes the most wonderful ribbon flowers. I have her on my vision board. I'm going to buy her wonderful ribbon by the yard for the gift bags I am creating.Nice post!

*~Dark Crystal Queen~* said...

Hi Eileen!

I loved reading all about you! I love putting coke on icecream...lol I was also tagged by sweet Erica and will be posting my 7 thingys soon too. Thanks for sharing!
xo
Janet
Janet's Creative Pillows

Susie said...

Hi Eileen!That was fun hearing different things all about you!
Susie
The Polka Dot Rose

Finding Grace, Going Mobile said...

Hi Eileen,
Erica's roses are so pretty, and would look gorgeous pinned to one of your straw totes for a summer evening stroll on the boardwalk.
Hope Karen is improving and returning to the "pink" of health quickly,
Theresa @ Cottage Violets

Angel Heart Designs said...

Hi! Eileen..what fun you do have too! Roosters..huh? I have 5 live ones..and they are nice..have a great week..
Cindy:)

Angel Heart Designs said...

Hi! Eileen..what fun you do have too! Roosters..huh? I have 5 live ones..and they are nice..have a great week..
Cindy:)

Susan - InHerOwnWords said...

Eileen what fun things to know about you...thank you for sharing!

LOVE Meadow Street hand made roses also. They're just beautiful!

Unknown said...

LOL Eileen,

I just love reading all the things about you! Wait until you read my 7 thingys! Erica tagged me too! I will post them soon.
Have a great weekend!
xo
Janet
Janet's Creative Pillows