Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Helping Japan

I'm re posting my daughters blog today...I just can't say it any better than she did. I hope we can all find some small way to make a difference for these humble people who have been so devastated. I'm so proud of my daughters for using their talents to do what they can to help. "Out of small thing proceedeth that which is great".

Heidi's Blog Post:
Since the awful events that happened in Japan, I can't seem to un-glue myself from all the first hand viral videos of the tsunami, viewing how quickly the water rushed in the town, destroying lives. I don't know anyone in Japan, but I do have a friend who's family directly lives in Sendai, where the earthquake hit the hardest. Luckily her family is safe, but what about all the other people? This friend put it best on her own blog when she said,

" I have been so touched by all of the reports by American journalists who have expressed their astonishment at how peaceful the people are considering what they are going through. They line up in an orderly fashion to get any sort of aid and are so grateful. They help each other. There is absolutely not looting. There is such a sense of community and compassion among victims. I love these people. I am so grateful to be a part of such a beautiful culture, and I pray that they will be relieved soon. Please pray for Japan."

I agree whole heartedly, especially about the no looting. That would not happen in America. So what can we do?

If you haven't seen, my sister and I have a little online business where we sell custom made pendants for necklaces. My sister made a special "Hope" for Japan pendant that we are selling and donating 100% of the proceeds to help Japan and it's people.

If you are interesting in helping Japan and not sure how, this is a great way plus you will get your own pendant to show your support.Tell your friends and family, and lets try and help Japan as much as we can.

No comments: