Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sale Roses and Pearls!


Thinking back, pearls and roses have always been a common theme in my life. Both my mother and my grandmother had furniture that was slip covered in big, bold rose fabric. Even the carpeting had sculpted roses and floral patterns. I can still see my mother and grandmother, wearing their pretty pearls against perpetual backdrops of roses. No wonder I both love and surround myself with anything pearls and roses, whenever possible. They remind me of the times I spent with my mother and my grandmother, growing up, listening to their stories, learning how to become a woman. Women of my generation must all experience the same feelings of nostalgia that I do when they discover themselves surrounded by roses, pearls, and anything pretty. My love of pretty things extends to vintage hankies, hand-embroidered with beautiful roses to tuck into a handbag or display like a doily on a nightstand. A teacup from someone's vintage china pattern – it never mattered to me if it matched anything else in my cupboard, or if it was handed down from someone that I knew. It's the delicate beauty that captures my heart and makes it part of my collection. Feminine quilts in pink and off-white roses remind me of the hours I spent stitching and talking with my mother and grandmother. Somehow, even then, knowing that no other moment in my life could ever make me feel as complete.
When you visit the boutiques at Make Mine Pink, you'll find yourself surrounded with beautiful collections that will fill you with nostalgia for your own memories of pearls and roses.

No comments: